I’m sitting here listening to an audiobook and it really has me thinking about love.
There are just two commandments in the new testament.
To love God.
To love our neighbors.
I have to be honest with you. In the midst of my busy days, I sometimes forget that love is the whole point of the Gospel.
As disciples of Christs, we are called to love.
Our duty as Christians is so simple, yet so many of us complicate it.
I’m Guilty. Not perfect. I sometimes complicate it.
But isn’t it refreshing to know that it can be that simple?
1 Corinthians 13 is my one of my favorite chapters because it describes what love is. Our culture tends to define love in ways that are opposite to the Bible. Selfish. Rebellious. Short. Uncommitted. It’s so amazing that our God gives us a definition and an example of how to love others.
I am going to give you guys:
5 Reasons Why We NEED to Focus more on Love!
1) God calls us to focus on it.
2) When we focus on loving God and loving others, we are seeking and pursuing the interests of the kingdom of God.
3) Love Remains. When we love, it has lasting effects.
4) Love eliminates compartmentalization. It tears down the boxes we create for ourselves and others. Jesus loved the sinners and the people with messiness. It challenges and grows our faith.
5) Love keeps it simple. It’s one job each day. Wake up, love God and love others. Love. It’s the point.
I hope this blessed you.
Grace and Peace.